Saturday, January 10, 2015

(It's Kind of a Poncho but Don't Tell Anyone)

Crosshatch Cape Banana Republic || Ashley Bow Ballet Flats Banana Republic || Jeans Gap || T-shirt Gap || (Wow, now that I have this uploaded I realized what a bad quality picture this is! Oh well, too late now! Trust me, the sweater is b-e-a-utiful!)
 
I remember being in late elementary school and getting matching Easter outfits with my sisters that included, yes, a poncho.  I loved that poncho.  Some of my older friends in their own (more mature) Easter outfits?  Didn't love it so much.  So I've scoffed at the humble poncho for the past decade.

This poncho from Banana Republic has me un-scoffing, though!  It's fashionably risky enough for me but still true to who I am.  Bonus points because it's been incredibly cold in Ohio these days.  Like, in the negatives.  I know for you northerners and more northern mid-westerners this is nothing, but I'm freezing down here!  This sweater is like a giant knit hug all day.

Also, I've been getting crazy steals at the Gap lately.  This "essential long sleeve tee" was marked down to $7.99 with and additional 60% off, for a grand total of $3.20.  Crazy.  I bought a trillion because I live in them.  They're so soft but also quite thick as far as plain tees go.  (Nothing I hate more than a see-through tee, am I right?!)

Hope you guys are enjoying your winters!  I'm currently changing out of those ballet flats (cold feet!) and into wool socks and boots!  Stay warm, sweet friends!

<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/13484723/?claim=qphq4uz88fx">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>



3 comments:

  1. Absolutely love that poncho! And a Gap long sleeved shirt for $3.20?!?! I need to get over there ASAP and pick some up for myself.
    xoxo, Jamie
    www.thefashionnewcomer.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks so comfy and cozy!

    xx
    Lauren Elizabeth
    Petite in Pearls

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving that sweater, looks soo cute and cozy!
    xx, Mikkaela
    Southwestern Prepster

    ReplyDelete