Sunday, July 6, 2014

The Mildest July

Jacket: J.Crew Factory // Tank: Gap (old, but similar here) // Shorts: J.Crew 5" in Dusty Thistle - on sale! (I cuffed them once here.) // Necklace: Dogeared // Sandals: Jacks, of course.  On sale! Loving these and these which are also on sale and, wow guys, I could buy them all!

We are having the mildest July ever here in southwest Ohio.  So mild that I've been picking jeans up and digging for long sleeves.  I am definitely not complaining though! It's been so nice out - such a great break from our usual midsummer mug.

These J.Crew chino shorts are some of my summer favs.  I love the 4" ones but found these last night on a sale rack for $10.  I also bought a white pair in a size a little too loose but figured I'd tuck a shirt in, add a belt, and make do.  For ten bucks I could make a lot work.  When I went to college I made a promise to myself that I would never buy J.Crew solid chino shorts that cost me more than $20.  Part challenge, part "I truly believe I can get them this cheap" and trust me, I don't want for J.Crew shorts.  I have plenty.  A whole rainbow full.
The necklace was a bridesmaid gift from a wedding I was in last week for one of my closest and dearest friends.  Huzzah! to new beginnings but dang, I hate this ending.  So many transitions!  Trying not to think about how soon they'll be my transitions - graduating college, getting a job, blah blah blah letsnotthinkaboutit.
Of course, the watch is an oldie but goodie - a 21st birthday present that my mom loves to see me wear.  And it's not like I only wear it for her, I actually do love it.  The tortoise color has served me so well. 
Hope you all had a happy fourth! Yay FREEDOM!

6 comments:

  1. I love this outfit. The colors go so well together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. loving your jean jacket, thanks for reminding me to pull mine out!

    Makeshift Munch

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute are you?! Love your look... and I agree! What a cold summer it's been!

    xx
    Kelly
    kellyinthecity.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shorts and Jacks, before you know it summer will be back!
    xx, Mikkaela

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete